Have you had an accident whilst at work?
Accidents at work can happen at any time. You spend the majority of your day at work and your employer has a duty to ensure that all employees have a safe working environment. However, thousands of people are injured at work every year in accidents that could be prevented and while some of injuries can be relatively minor, others can have serious consequences such as time away from work causing financial difficulties and even permanent disability or death.
Workplace accident claims might involve injuries from:
- An unsafe System of work
- Inadequate / faulty / old Protective Equipment Claims, such as hard hats, gloves, safety goggles
- Unsuitable, faulty or damaged equipment or machinery
- Falling object Claims
- Agency worker claims.
- Manual Handling Claims, lifting heavy objects/ items
- Incidents involving negligence of other employees including horseplay
- Noise induces hearing loss claims / industrial deafness
- Occupational Asthma and other breathing related claims
- Dangerous working practices
- Workplace Slip and Trip claims – items left in common walkways, liquid on floor.
- Contact with dangerous materials / chemicals – dermatitis, asbestos
- Poor health and safety / hygiene standards
- Construction Industry Accident Claims – Ladder/ scaffold, Climbing or Falling Accidents
- Bruising, burns, fractures and scar claims.
- Employees exposed to violent attacks by patients or customers ( care homes)
- Repetitive Strain Injury / Carpel Tunnel / Vibration White Finger Claims
- Inadequate training claims.
- Asbestos claims
- Other workplace related claims.
Note: – Report the accident and place the accident in the Accident report book and take note of any witnesses to your accident. Seek medical assistance immediately.
If we can show that your employer has not complied with some or all of their legal duties or was negligent (at fault) in some way for your accident then you may be able to claim compensation, our specialist lawyers will advise you every step of the way.
Contact us to find out if you could claim for your accident at work by calling 0161 246 6022 or through our enquiry form